The Benefits of the SBI Program: Perceptions of Former Students
This study focuses on an evaluation of former students' perceptions of the skills gained when serving as a consultant on an SBI case. The SBI course was compared to the capstone (Policy) course in an effort to determine the effectiveness of the SBI course in enhancing specific skills in the students.
By comparison, students found the Policy course to be more effective in developing analytical skills and to be more useful in their careers than the SBI course. On the other hand, the SBI course was perceived to be more effective in developing interpersonal skills and operational skills than the Policy course.
The SBI course was found to be effective in developing analytical skills, operational skills, and interpersonal skills. Students also recommended the SBI course for other business students and found the course to be useful to them in their careers.
2. Hoff man, Lynn, Gwen Fontenot & R. Viswanathan (1990). "An Exploratory Evalu ation of the Effectiveness of the SB! Program as Perceived by Quantitative and Non Quantitative Majors." Proceedings, 80-85.
3. Harmon, G.D. & G. Butaney (1985). "Marketing Classes Need Taste of the Real World." Association Management, 32(2), 46-50.
4. Laidlaw, William K. (1989). "Newsletter: US Business Schools." Multinational Business, Autumn, 62+.
5. Lantos, G.P. & G. Butaney (1985). "Marketing Classes Need Taste of the Real World."Marketing Ne:ws, 19(15), 3,6,8.
6. Laser, S.A. (1980). "Customize Your Education Program to Meet Members' Needs."Association Management, 32(2), 46-50.
7. Lawrence, Edward C. (1990). ''Leaming Portfolio Management by Experience: University Student Investment Funds." The Financial Revie:w 25, 165+.
8. Napier, H.S. & H.C. Johnston (1988). "The President-Professor: Business Reality in the Classroom." Arkansas Business and Economic revie:w, 20(4), 1-4.
9. Perry, Phillip A. (1989). "Firms Want More From MarketingSchools." Marketing News,23, 1-2.
10. Wensley, R. (1983). "Teaching Marketing Strategy: Pretentions or Practical?"Quarterly Review of Marketing, 9(1), 9-14.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.