General ethics statements
- The Journal of Small Business Strategy (JSBS) works to ensure ethical practices and procedures in the review and publication of its manuscripts. Ethical misconduct is not tolerated. The Journal of Small Business Strategy protects the quality of its publication and deems plagiarism and any copyright infringement unacceptable. Authors, reviewers and editors are expected to understand and abide by the policies and guidelines set forth by JSBS.
- JSBS adheres to the publication ethics guidelines set forth by the Committee on Publication Ethics.
- JSBS conducts submissions, assigns reviewers, receives reviews and announces manuscript decisions online.
Authors are to:
- avoid copyright infringement.
- reveal any financial support of the study and conflicts of interest.
- be listed as such only if valuable contributions are made to the manuscript.
- ensure the work submitted is original and not concurrently under review at any other publication outlet.
- report any inadvertent errors to reviewer(s) and editor(s).
- guarantee accuracy of the work.
- must properly acknowledge and reference sources as outlined in the author and submission guidelines of JSBS.
- treat manuscripts as confidential documents.
- guarantee full objectivity in their reviews.
- report incidents that will impact anonymity immediately.
- ensure objectivity regardless of the subject matter of the manuscript.
- remain anonymous in order to maintain confidentiality.
- work to improve the quality of manuscripts by providing thorough reviews, comments and feedback to authors and editors.
- reveal any potential conflicts of interest.
- abstain from personal attacks against authors.
- not be held responsible for the accuracy of data and results in the manuscript.
- make publication decisions based solely on the academic merit of the material.
- not make publication decisions or attempt to influence manuscripts for commercial or political reasons.
- investigate if made aware of any research misconduct.
- make reviewers aware of any publication corrections.