Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and preferred length is 12-15 pages, 3,600- 4,500 words.
- The text is in English and adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- Authors must submit the Copyright Transfer and Photo Release Agreement (download pdf of forms.
- Camera-ready diagrams, tables, or figures are acceptable. Photographs are encouraged (prints, black-and-white, or color, with complete captions and credit lines) Digital files should be 300 dpi. Authors are asked to obtain model releases for photographs (photographs and diskettes returned upon publication).
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 license that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to use and distribute the work internally at the author's place of employment and have the right to make presentation of the material.
- International Journal of the Whole Child is freely published at no cost to its authors or readers.